SK chief discusses ICT partnerships with Estonia, Carribean Community
简介SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won discussed economic cooperation with high-ranking government officials ...
SK Group Chairman Chey Tae-won discussed economic cooperation with high-ranking government officials from Estonia and the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) during their official visits to South Korea earlier last week, according to the Korean conglomerate on Sunday.
On Friday, Chey hosted a luncheon meeting with Estonian President Alar Karis, and other high-ranking officials at the SK building in Seorin-dong, Jongno-gu in Seoul, where they agreed upon various collaboration opportunities between the two countries in areas including information communications technology and green energy.
During the meeting, a memorandum of understanding was signed between SK Square, the group's investment arm, and Enterprise Estonia, a state-run trade promotion agency.
Under the agreement, SK will invest into the SmartCap Venture Capital Fund, managed by Estonia's state-owned fund management company SmartCap, to discover Estonian companies that pursue innovative projects in the fields of ICT, environment and green energy.
Earlier on Thursday, Chey held dinner meetings with government officials from members of CARICOM, an intergovernmental organization consisting of Caribbean nations including Jamaica, Grenada and Belize, as part of the “Korea-CARICOM High-Level Forum.”
They explored collaboration opportunities across various fields spanning agriculture, tourism and ICT, among others.
Following the series of meetings with delegations from Estonia and the Caribbean nations, Chey left for Paris to attend a global CEO seminar which kicks off Monday.
Together with SK’s top executives, Chey will work on formulating global strategies for key businesses, through the four-day seminar in France, the firm said.
PARIS -- Professors speaking only Korean during lectures, notices on bulletin boards with the schedu ...
정부가 이스라엘로 급파한 공군 KC-330 시그너스를 타고 지난 14일 성남 서울공항에 도착한 시민들이 수송기에서 내리고 있다. 전민규 기자이스라엘 체류 한국인 163명(장기 체류 ...
Tensions are rising over the potential for a strike by Seoul Metro workers, as labor and management ...
US strategic bomber B
Andong, serene destination for immersing in traditions
[Coffee Klatch] Take a sip of Turkish coffee in Seoul
S. Korea to review additional measures against N. Korea's arms transfer to Russia
Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
[이번 주 리뷰] 중동 전쟁 우려…국민의힘 보선 참패(9~14일)
- Jarasum Jazz Fest to kick off Friday
- Live music festival Block Party to return to Haebangchon
- Fan meeting offers 'Break Time' for 'Dream Academy' trainees on their way to debut
- [Book Review] 'The Korean Wave in a Post
- Wavve’s ‘The Deal’ to expand into 200 countries
- TVXQ to release 9th LP on Dec. 26, marking 20th anniversary
- Hyundai Glovis to go net
- PM orders measures to prevent public opinion manipulation on web portals
- 임명직 마다한 장제원 의미심장 글 "발톱 숨기고 때 기다린다"
- [Herald Interview] When ‘comedy freak’ filmmaker makes rom
- Le Sserafim to release first English single 'Perfect Night'
- [Herald Interview] Alex Olle’s realistic reimagination of opera ‘Norma’ keeps art form alive
- Seoul to implement alert system to manage overcrowded areas
- Kia to expand EV lineup with mass market appeal
- LS Cable inks partnership for Vietnam submarine cable market
- Political parties call for revision of military exemptions for athletes
- 대통령실 “UAE 대통령 방한 순연”…이스라엘·하마스 충돌 영향
- “가자주민 삶 최악…한국지원 절실”
- Samsung owns largest No. of Israeli subsidiaries among S. Korean conglomerates: report
- [Exclusive] 'Game of Thrones' publisher inks deal for Korean books for first time
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- 야당, 김행 사퇴에 “사필귀정…사법적 판단 받아야”
- Subsidiary expansion procedure for insurers overseas to be simplified: FSC
- PM visits Greece for talks on cooperation, World Expo bid campaign
- Election watchdog faces calls to apologize after failing security test