Number of deaths in cycling accidents soars
简介The number of cyclist deaths in cycling accidents came to 91 last year, rising by 30 percent from a ...
The number of cyclist deaths in cycling accidents came to 91 last year, rising by 30 percent from a year prior, Ministry of the Interior and Safety data showed Sunday.
The number of deaths from such accidents in 2021 amounted to 70.
With the increase, the proportion of overall traffic accident deaths accounted for by such cases rose to 3.3 percent, up from 2021's 2.4 percent.
Of the 91 cyclist deaths, 40 were from solo accidents while 49 were in collisions between cyclists. Two cyclists died in accidents involving a pedestrian.
As for all cycling accidents, 3,811 reported cases were collisions between cyclists, accounting for 70.7 percent of the total.
The main cause of the bicycle accidents was determined to be failure of compliance and the obligation to ride safely, with 3,570 cases, or about 66.2 percent of all cycling accidents.
By age group, those 65 years old and over were involved in the largest proportion of cycling accidents, as well as deaths in such incidents. According to the ministry's data, 25.5 percent of cycling accidents involved those in the age group, while more than half of deaths resulting from such incidents were 65 or older.
Celltrion Healthcare, Celltrion's distribution unit, said Monday it has signed a deal with US s ...
South Korean stocks closed slightly lower Thursday amid a mixed outlook on whether the United States ...
Blackpink's Jennie is making a solo comeback.YG Entertainment, the quartet's agency, on Wednesday an ...
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
- N. Korea spurs efforts to raise crop production during fall harvest season
- 임명직 마다한 장제원 의미심장 글 "발톱 숨기고 때 기다린다"
- Blackpink's Jennie to drop new solo single on Oct. 6
- [view] 민심 더 싸늘해지는데…감동 없는 김기현 2기
- Fifty Fifty’s agency, Attrakt, files W1b compensation claim against The Givers
Beef prices have soared 100
Jeonju International Sori Festival comes to a close with global push
[Korean History] 2002, when Korea soared through World Cup
TVXQ to release 9th LP on Dec. 26, marking 20th anniversary
Hyundai Rotem to showcase new ground weapons systems at Seoul expo
Sunmi to return with new digital single ‘Stranger’
- [Coffee Klatch] Take a sip of Turkish coffee in Seoul
- Enhypen announces Nov. 17 comeback with 'Orange Blood'
- New book sheds light on ongoing debate and legacy of comfort women issues
- SK Ecoplant recycles over 6,000 tons of batteries
- Doosan Robotics to supply chicken
- [New on scene] Hong Xa
- LG Innotek wins patents for EV charging technology
- S. Korea, UAE strike bilateral free trade agreement
- BTS Jungkook's star
- Returning minister Yu In
- Performing Arts Market to link local artists to world
- Chief justice nominee Lee Gyun
- TvN’s ‘Unexpected Business’ to return with season 3
- Questions remain after passage of anonymous birth bill
- ‘저위험 권총’ 예산 13억 받았지만…결국 ‘38구경’ 더 사기로
- S. Korea sweeps up 2 gold medals at stake in recurve team events
- 北, 러 주최 국제포럼서 '국제수송' 논의…무기거래 우회로 찾나
- S. Korea finishes 3rd with 42 gold medals at Hangzhou Asian Games
- S. Korea defeat Japan for 3rd straight men's football gold
- Hyundai, Kia to transition to Tesla charging system in North America
- Elevate fall travel experiences with local specialties
- 홍익표, 체포안 가결파 징계에 “총선 승리 도움 기준으로 판단”
- Seoul shares open higher ahead of US jobs data