US strategic bomber B
简介A US strategic bomber B-52 is set to arrive at a South Korean air base later this week, multiple sou ...
A US strategic bomber B-52 is set to arrive at a South Korean air base later this week, multiple sources said Monday, in the latest show of force against North Korea's missile and nuclear threat.
It would mark the first time that the B-52 Stratofortress has landed at a South Korean air base although the long-range bombers capable of carrying nuclear weapons flew over the Korean Peninsula for joint drills between South Korea and the United States.
The B-52 is one of the major US strategic bombers along with the B-2 Spirit and B-1B Lancer, which landed at Osan Air base in Pyeongtaek, 60 kilometers south of Seoul, in September 2016.
The deployment of the nuclear-capable B-52 is expected to demonstrate the US commitment to further enhance the regular visibility of strategic assets in the region amid heightened tension over Pyongyang's growing nuclear threat and plan to launch a military spy satellite again this month after two failed attempts this year.
The nuclear-powered USS Ronald Reagan aircraft carrier arrived at the southeastern port of Busan on Thursday for a five-day visit following trilateral naval drills involving the United States, South Korea and Japan.
In July, Pyongyang denounced the US deployment of strategic nuclear assets to the Korean peninsula as "the most undisguised nuclear blackmail" against North Korea. (Yonhap)
SEONGNAM, Gyeonggi Province — South Korea's premier aerospace and defense exhibition, aimed at ...
The annual League of Legends World Championship will begin its 41-day run at LoL Park, the stadium f ...
Jungkook of BTS topped iTunes’ Top Songs charts in 100 different regions with his second solo single ...
TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
Explore the culture of Joseon during Chuseok
S. Korea to extend $5 mil worth of fertilizer aid to Ukraine via U.S. agency
Diplomatic vehicle blessed for safety via Hindu ritual by S. Korean Embassy in India
윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
S. Korean industry minister visits Africa for World Expo bid, economic ties
- Try on traditional Korean costume during Hanbok Culture Week
- S. Korea, UAE strike bilateral free trade agreement
- FSC lays out plan to boost pet insurance enrollment
- Key ruling party officials offer to resign over by
- "당 망치는 응석받이"…안철수, 이준석 제명 서명운동 시작
- BOK expected to stand pat this week over growth risks: experts
- Andong, serene destination for immersing in traditions
- 'Scent of Ink' to be performed at Kennedy Center in Washington
- [Coffee Klatch] Take a sip of Turkish coffee in Seoul
- SK chief discusses ICT partnerships with Estonia, Carribean Community
- Hamas weapons, tactics resemble those of NK: JCS
- [Korea Beyond Korea] In Paris, soaring demand for Korean studies yet to be fully met
- TvN Sports, CGV to screen Bundesliga’s first ‘Korean derby’
- US strategic bomber B
- 윤 대통령 “국민소통·현장소통·당정소통 강화하라”
- Enjoying Halloween in Itaewon sparks debate online
- Seoul shares up nearly 1 pct on eased concerns over Middle East conflict