[Obituary] Park Seo
简介The news of the death of artist Park Seo-bo at 92 years old on Saturday was met with an outpouring o ...
The news of the death of artist Park Seo-bo at 92 years old on Saturday was met with an outpouring of condolences from around the world, as people remembered Park's legacy and his contributions to the development of dansaekhwa movement.
Earlier this year, Park revealed that he had been diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. He chose not to receive treatment so that he could keep working. To continue his art, the artist said, he had decided to regard the cancer as a friend that he would live together with for the rest of his life.
Throughout his life, Park was dubbed an “untiring endeavorer,” which was borrowed as the title of his retrospective in 2019 at the National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Korea.
“He was hospitalized on Thursday as he was not feeling well. He fell unconscious Friday as his health rapidly deteriorated and he passed away Saturday morning," a person familiar with the matter told The Korea Herald on Saturday.
Supporters of Israel took to the streets in Seoul on Tuesday, urging Hamas militants to stop their k ...
DB Robotics, a first-generation robot developer in South Korea, has revealed the nation’s first hybr ...
A surprise and large-scale attack on Israel by Palestinian militant group Hamas has intensified secu ...
- S. Korean diplomat discusses NK human rights with US envoy
- Posco Holdings recoups investment in Roy Hill after 13 years
- [Herald Review] Ive gives a sneak peek of new album, kicks off first world tour with Seoul gigs
- Daegu’s iconic opera festival set to attract operagoers with five tragic operas
- Celltrion partners with US pharmacy chain for Yuflyma sales
- Art Token launches Hangeul
Biden says Hamas must be eliminated, US officials warn war could escalate
How college students are coping with the impact of inflation
BIFF expands award categories beyond Asian content to global titles
낙후된 골목시장 누비며 “화곡을 마곡으로 만들 것”
'Apgujeong Box Girl' sparks online debate
US eases export controls on chip equipment for Samsung, SK factories in China
- 문 정부, 셀트리온에 코로나 R&D 예산 522억 몰아줬다
- HIT forum on space to be held in Seoul
- IMF maintains 2023 growth outlook for S. Korea at 1.4 pct
- [HIT Forum] Korea's only astronaut highlights humanity's connection with universe
- Seoul shares open higher on US gains after Fed comments
- Samsung SDI, Stellantis to set up 2nd JV plant in Indiana
- [HIT Forum] 'Korea ready to become aerospace powerhouse'
- N. Korea may conduct nuclear test to divert internal attention from food crisis: Seoul ministry
- [Herald Interview] Monte
- Samsung Electronics tips Q3 operating profit to plunge 78% on semiconductor losses
- S. Korea may decide to increase medical student quota as early as next week
- LS Cable inks partnership for Vietnam submarine cable market
- Subsidiary expansion procedure for insurers overseas to be simplified: FSC
- Seoul shares end higher on tech gains, Fed comments
- 尹지지율 긍정 33%·부정 58%…"명절 기간 물가 등 경제난 체감"
- 대통령실 “UAE 대통령 방한 순연”…이스라엘·하마스 충돌 영향
- New US special envoy for N. Korean human rights issues takes office, plans to visit Seoul next week
- S. Korea to send US$1 mln in aid to quake
- 野 “與 보선 참패 후 이재명 전광석화 기소…국민 심판받을 것”
- Seoul to implement alert system to manage overcrowded areas
- 야당, 김행 사퇴에 “사필귀정…사법적 판단 받아야”
- S. Korea signs consortium deal with Canada, Italy for nuclear reactor refurbishment in Romania