Seoul shares open higher on US gains
简介South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.The be ...
South Korean stocks got off to a strong start Tuesday tracking overnight gains on Wall Street.
The benchmark Korea Composite Stock Price Index rose 19.23 points, or 0.79 percent, to 2,455.47 in the first 15 minutes of trading.
U.S. stocks closed higher as investors bet on big tech, with the Dow Jones Industrial Average advancing 0.93 percent and the Nasdaq Composite rising 1.2 percent.
In Seoul, tech and battery shares led the bullish opening.
Top-cap Samsung Electronics added 0.74 percent and its local rival LG Electronics rose 1.9 percent.
Leading battery maker LG Energy Solution climbed 1.05 percent and Posco Future M jumped 3.43 percent.
Leading pharmaceutical firm Samsung Biologics and SK bioscience rose 0.98 percent and 1.06 percent, respectively.
The local currency was trading at 1,349.75 won against the US dollar at 9:15 a.m., up 3.95 won from the previous session's close. (Yonhap)
김성원 국민의힘 의원이 지난 6월 19일 오전 서울 여의도 국회 의원회관에서 열린 제3회 UCAI 포럼 세미나 : 금융 범죄 예방과 경쟁력 강화를 위한 한·미 AI 협력 세미나에서 ...
The Gangwon Forestry Exhibition 2023 kicked off on Friday around Gangwon Province's Seoraksan N ...
When the grip of summer loosens and the air turns cooler, Koreans pay particular attention to the pr ...
- Over 1,300 rescue workers still traumatized by Itaewon Halloween tragedy
- USS Carl Vinson deploys for Indo
- Supporters of Israel hold rally in Seoul, urge Hamas to stop atrocities
- HiteJinro to produce soju in Vietnam
- Welcome Daehakro Festival lights up Seoul's stage hub
- Seoul subway workers vote for strike plan
- One Store attracts W20b from Krafton
- 北, 日의 장거리미사일 조기 배치 추진에 “전쟁국가 일본 실체”
- New government initiative offers W3b reward to combat digital piracy
- [Today’s K
- Live music festival Block Party to return to Haebangchon
- Seoraksan cools below freezing as autumn takes hold
- [Today’s K
- BTS' Jungkook to extend solo parade with 1st album 'Golden'
- Samsung chief explores new growth drivers in Middle East
- Jeonju International Sori Festival comes to a close with global push
- Show must go on: 28th Busan International Film Festival kicks off despite setbacks
- [Book Review] 'The Korean Wave in a Post
- 사전투표 D
- [Korean History] 2002, when Korea soared through World Cup
- Japan's Honda beefs up lineup to revive sales in S. Korea
- 한중 축구, 다음선 중국 응원이 91%…‘차이나 게이트’ 논란
- Seoul shares close tad lower amid mixed US rate outlook
- Hyundai Glovis to go net
- SK On marks 2nd anniversary with twofold revenue, capacity growth